Searching For FICTSA In Jude's Abyss
![]() |
| FICTSA Logo, Ospoly |
Faculty of Information and Communications, Technology, Students' Association, codenamed "FICTSA" is already lost in the myopic abyss of Jude Amolegbe administration. Probably, has been abducted since the beginning. We are all in search of it back. Aspirants are out there, searching vehemently. They all desire to find the giant Faculty lost in the retrogressive exploits of President Jude.
Little wonder, you might be asked why am I making this melancholic belabouring, ferret no further as the tragedy is in the next paragraphs.
Pitiably, FICTSA has been silent for some time, now. Nothing seems make rancour of impact. No noise of achievements, nothing. No whistle of joy, nothing. The last time I checked we rejoice in FICTSA was when NEB-trained students won the intra-faculty debate. The President had stolen NEB thunder but, no one cares. There was 'shar' noise of jauntiness, at least we were glad.
Moreover, aside from that, would you agree with me that nothing like the shout of joy was attached to this administration? Probably because no progress was achieved by our President Jude, I wouldn't know. Even, where we would have shouted for joy and been glad was in the sports where both Faculty of Science and Faculty of Financial Studies thrashed and upset us to defeat and championed the trophies in both female and male Rector's Cup.
Yoruba says; that the king enthroned when the community is peaceful or scattered will never be forgotten. Entire FICTSA, then, let's appraise President Jude as his administration saw FICTSA fall from grace and loses its legendary three years of consistent winning of Rector's cups, game. We will never forget.
Meanwhile, In what remains, a few minutes for the regime to bid the office farewell. I wondered if the Nigerian students have not been scammed again by another smiling Dignity, or by the crescendo voice of peccable Impeccable garbed in the garment of General Babangida.
The story of a sum of money siphoned by our known thief, Christian whelmed in an 'Unchristlike' nature; one, my pen, ever ferret to articulate as an oxymoronic creature, laced with contrast; the story remained a ghost haunting some of us deeply every day. We cannot sleep, and our hearts cannot rest as we continually watch the labour of our heroes past, helplessly writhing in vain. But what can we say? We, ourselves, paved the way for the ruins so let's enjoy it while it last because Egyptians we see today, I am sure, OSPOLY will see no more.
Nevertheless, the Jude-led administration in FICTSA has spent a long time in the office with perfect silence. Nothing was heard. Not even a loud of achievements, probably, even for once. Except for that indoor games and FYB charades, which, counting it as achievements, logically and sanely affect no larger populace that open-handedly and willingly voted Amolegbe Jude into office. I don't expect Jude to even count that as an achievement, anyway. And if he does, it shows the extent of his ignobility.
Furthermore, aside from that, I have consistently taken my time to study, observe and research the nooks and crannies of the three departments under the largest faculty in OSPOLY, headed by a dwarf Jude, I have yet to sniff even with my never failing nose, a scent of an achievement done by this administration, neither have I, see one, physical project done for the students.
Recalled in one of the interviews done by Jude at the time he was just freshly voted in, I wouldn't know whether it was an empty promise, but, all I heard loud and clear was that "We'll build a Faculty library for FICTSA."
I love it when I heard it. Also, I am sure, Jude, if he will ever have the time to read this, could remember that I ask him if this can be realised, if it cannot, he shouldn't have uttered the promise.
He said something that struck my heart on that very day, but since it was an unplanned schmooze, I never made a record of it, so, I'll restrain from quoting it here. Nonetheless, at what he said, I had known the dream, is just another ghost borne out of the empty barrel to haunt us, again.
I wondered when will all ghosts be chased away so that we can sing the song of A-le-iku-wo-odo.
Tellingly, perhaps the worst administration FICTSA ever have and will ever dream to never have is that of Amolegbe Jude administration: one giant administration embroidered with retrogressive exploits, never-seen.
Comrade Little, the former FICTSA President indeed did his best, then, some said it was not enough. But little did they know that the one that will take over after him will be the worst, if there be a word like "worstest" then, name it after the man called Amolegbe Jude and his administration. Since the start of his administration, FICTSA has been lost and I hope, through the new aspirants, FICTSA will be found but as of now of writing this missive; what a Pity! FICTSA has yet to be found.

No comments