• Poetry: Recovered Truth, My Journalistic Voyage



    By Olasimbo Fadoju


    With quill in hand, I sought truth's embrace,

    A journalist, to reveal stories with grace.

    Passion aflame, purpose crystal clear,

    Unveiling shadows, dispelling all fear.


    World my canvas, inked with tales untold,

    Diving deep, unafraid, thoughts unfold.

    Voices unheard, marginalized souls,

    Platform provided, making them whole.


    Through bustling streets and desolate lands,

    Whispers chronicled, dreams within my hands.

    Triumphs and sorrows, etched deep within,

    Narratives ingrained, heart's stronghold akin.


    But time shifted, allure of bold headlines,

    Fame's lure mingled, intentions confined.

    Sensationalism crept, decay subtle and sly,

    Essence astray, my stories, oh, how they lie.


    Once noble tales, now twisted and churned,

    Conscience yearned, as with the devil I danced, I learned.

    World craved scandal, the gory and wild,

    Lost in the fray, my own story defiled.


    No longer a beacon, voice for the weak,

    A puppet, a cog, truth malleable and bleak.

    Integrity traded for shallow content's plight,

    My purpose obscured, veiled in the night.


    Yet deep in my heart, a flicker remained,

    Reminding me why I was first ordained.

    To tell the world's stories, with grace and compassion,

    Uplifting the voiceless, truth's rightful ration.


    In quiet nights, as the world fell asleep,

    Whispers, pleas, and weeping, their secrets I'd keep.

    Reclaiming my spirit, rewriting my tale,

    No matter the cost, truth shall prevail.


    Stepping away from clamor and noise,

    Rediscovering purpose, I found my voice.

    Returning to roots, to forgotten and untold,

    Breathing life anew, stories boldly reclaimed.


    Untethered and free, a journalist reborn,

    Sharing the world's stories, as they were sworn.

    In truth's heart, healing power resides,

    Bridging divides, empathy it provides.


    Though veered off course, lost in the fray,

    I found my way back, to the essence, I say.

    Let my tale caution, a guide to the true,

    Integrity reigning, in all that we do.


    Stay true to your purpose, let truth's light shine,

    For in our stories, humanity's truths align.





    All Right Reserved. You have no right to reproduce or publish any content from this website without written permission from NEB.


    CONTACT THE EDITOR;@Namacosonline


    No comments