Comrade Vickky Emerges NAPS Osun SLC PRO, Pledges Effective Representation and Student-Centred Programmes
![]() |
| Comrade Asaye Blessings was announced as the PRO of NAPS SLC |
Comrade Asaye Blessings ( Vikky ) has emerged as the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPS), Osun State Liaising Council (SLC), following the association’s Osun Convention 2026 held on Friday, September 4, in Osogbo.
The convention, which commenced at 10:00 a.m., was held under the theme, “Technology: The Bedrock of the Nation,” and brought together student representatives and stakeholders to deliberate on issues affecting polytechnic students and the development of technological education in Osun State.
Speaking on her emergence, Asaye described the election as both an honour and a call to greater responsibility, stressing that she sees the position as an opportunity to represent the voices and interests of students across the Osun axis.
“It was a great honour and a call to greater responsibility. I saw the election not just as a victory, but as a mandate to represent the voices and interests of students across the Osun axis,” she said.
She added that she was confident of emerging victorious from the moment she decided to contest, while expressing appreciation to her leaders, NAPS stakeholders across the Osun axis and senators who supported her throughout the process.
The newly elected PRO said her administration would focus on effective representation, strategic communication, transparency and measurable impact, with particular attention to ensuring that students are adequately informed and carried along.
"I want an administration where students are informed, carried along, and confident that their voices also matter,” she stated.
Vickky further disclosed that plans were underway to introduce educational and life-changing programmes for students across polytechnics and monotechnics in Osun State.
"I want all the polytechnics and monotechnics students in Osun axis to get ready. I have a lot of education and life-changing programmes and opportunities to organise for them soon,” she said.
On how she intends to combine her new responsibility with her existing role as the Public Relations Officer of the NAMACOS Editorial Board, Vickky said effective leadership requires proper structure, prioritisation and teamwork.
"Leadership requires structure and prioritisation. With proper coordination, teamwork and delegation, I intend to give both offices the attention they deserve without compromising on effectiveness,” she explained.
Reflecting on her leadership journey, she described the process as demanding but said it had taught her important lessons about consistency, relationships, resilience and strategic leadership.
According to her, her experience serving as NAMACOS PRO contributed significantly to her development and helped her discover her leadership potential.
"I did a lot of work when I was serving as the NAMACOS PRO, because I am still serving, and I’m very sure it was part of what helped me to unlock my potential to be elected as the NAPS SLC Osun axis,” she said.
She consequently advised aspiring student leaders to focus on service and influence rather than merely seeking positions.
"Don’t chase positions; build influence through service. Stay principled, respect people, understand the political terrain, and let your impact speak for you,” she advised.
As NAPS Osun SLC PRO, Vickky is expected to oversee the association’s public communication, strengthen engagement with students and stakeholders, and promote the interests and activities of polytechnic students across the state.
Her emergence marks another milestone in her student leadership journey, with students and stakeholders expected to watch closely as she begins her new responsibilities.

Well deserved
ReplyDelete