“I Was Depressed”, Man Who Sets Self Ablaze Speaks From Hospital
A man identify as Afolabi Muritala sets himself ablaze today in Iree, Boripe Local government of Osun State, he was rescued and rushed to ultimate hospital otherwise known as Bolarinwa hospital located in Iree.
The tragic incident happened this afternoon around the area of BHS, where people were seen rescuing him.
Muritala while speaking with our correspondent after receiving a series of treatments in the hospital, made it known that he has been a vulcanizer for over five years in Iree, stating that he was tired and depressed from fighting poverty all day, and he was tired of how his wife curses at him which however triggered him into committing suicide.
“ I’m tired of my wife, her behavior locked me in depression, she curses at me all day, I’m always sad and I’m tired of everything”
“It has been a long time that I have been thinking of killing myself because I cannot handle this poverty along with how my wife mistreats me all day” he stated.
It will be recalled that NEB had earlier reported about this tragic event.
However, while speaking with Doctor Bolarinwa of Bolarinwa Hospital, he made it known that he was about to travel but he changed his mind after considering Muritala's condition.
The doctor who described the situation as Suicidal Tendencies stated that a similar case happened sometime back after a female final year student of Ospoly set herself ablaze.
“ I have counseled him, I have made it known to him that it is not proper to take one’s life, God is against it and it is an offense under the law”
“There was a similar case sometimes back when a female final year student of OSPOLY also did the same thing”
“ He is now responding to treatment while I will keep counseling him”, the doctor stated.
Muritala however called on the general public to please help him as he is tired of the suffering he goes through, all day.
He made it known that if God healed him completely, he will divorce his wife, go back to his work, and will never attempt such again.
All Right Reserved. You have no right to reproduce or publish any content from this website without written permission from NEB.

No comments