• After 3 Months Of Tenancy, Iree Landlord Allegedly Force Student To Pack Out, Item Destroyed, Student Cries Foul

    New World Hostel, Ladoja

    By Timilehin Oladele

    Olutola Rebecca Mercy an HND1 student of Banking and Finance at Osun State Polytechnic, Iree, who resides at New world hostel, phase three, Ladoja, has been allegedly forcefully kicked out of her room by the landlord. 


    Rebecca while recounting her ordeals to our correspondent revealed that she has paid the sum of #30,000 for the room through a caretaker appointed by the landlord since October 2022, which she packed into the room in November 2022.


    The student who has now become homeless, made it known that the landlord on various visits to the hostel has confirmed that she paid for the room and she is entitled to be there, by putting a call through to the caretaker to confirm the house rent payment and other necessary validation. 


    However, Rebecca revealed that the landlord suddenly pasted the names of all the tenants, which her name excluded, she, however, went to check the phase 2 building of the landlord’s house and saw her name appointed to another room after she has furnished her current room. 


    More so, Rebecca made it known that she made a complaint to the landlord as regards her name which was allocated to another room entirely and the landlord assured her that there is no problem as she has validly paid for her current room, highlighting the fact that the other room that her name as mistakenly appeared also belong to another person.


    Furthermore, the student revealed that there was confusion on Thursday night as the landlord came to force her out of the room, stating that someone else has paid for the room even though the landlord has confirmed on various visitations that she is entitled to the room.


    “I have paid the sum of #30,000 for the room since October and I packed in November, I did the house wiring, painting and many more, the landlord popularly known as ‘Baba’ visited the hostel and called the caretaker to confirm that I have paid and they both reached a mutual conclusion on a phone call”


    “ I was given a form which I filled until the landlord released the Roster and I didn't see my name there, while another person's name appeared under my room number,  I'm in Phase 3, room 5, so I went to check phase 2 where I saw my name allocated to another room there, I called him and he said since I was even the first to pack into the hostel then whoever name appeared to my room should pack into the other phase where my name mistakenly appeared”


    “ Unfortunately, the other room that was mistakenly allocated to me in the other phase has also been occupied by another person”


    “ last night, the landlord came, asked for me and forcefully packed all my properties out which destroyed my carpet, for another person to pack in after I have paid and lived in the room for 3 months”


    “I'm currently homeless, all my load has been packed out, all the painting and wiring I did to the room has been given out ,has someone else packed into the room by the order of the landlord”


    “Please help me, I want my room back, I have nowhere to conveniently sleep and the house rent that I paid is of no meaning”.


    However, when contacted, the caretaker who secured the apartment for Rebecca is yet to respond to our calls as of press time.


    Further investigation revealed that the hostel is known to experience such issues every time, as students who narrated to our correspondent in anonymity revealed that there are too many agents attached to the house which always triggers issues.


    Also, our correspondent observed that several related issues would still occur as various room has been allocated to more than one person. 



    More details to follow...::


    All Right Reserved. You have no right to reproduce or publish any content from this website without written permission from NEB.



    CONTACT THE EDITOR;@NAMACOSONLINE






    No comments