• Former NEB Editor-in-Chief, Obisesan Micheal, Marries Campus Sweetheart He Met at OSPOLY

    Mr. and Mrs. Obisesan.

    By Samuel Akintola 

    A former Editor-in-Chief of the NAMACOS Editorial Board (NEB), Michael Obisesan, has officially tied the knot with his longtime partner, Obisesan Oluwatosin, whom he met as a student at Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.


    The couple legalised their union on Thursday, 30th July, 2026, at the Ikoyi Registry, Lagos, while their traditional engagement ceremony is scheduled to hold on Friday, 31st July, 2026, in Ogun State.


    Speaking in an exclusive interview with the NAMACOS Editorial Board, Obisesan, who served as Editor-in-Chief of the OSPOLY NEB during the 2022/2023 academic session, described the journey from campus friendship to marriage as one filled with love, patience, challenges and unwavering commitment.


    According to him, he met his wife in 2020 while they were neighbours in a hostel around the Plastona area in Iree. "She was my neighbour in a hostel around Plastona. We met in 2020," he recalled.


    Explaining what attracted him to her, Obisesan said her calm nature, respectfulness and humility stood out from the beginning. "I fell in love with her personality. She is very calm, respectful and submissive. Those are unique qualities."


    He explained that what began as friendship gradually blossomed into a relationship through constant communication. According to him, loyalty has always been the foundation of every relationship he builds.


    "One thing I always offer in any relationship is loyalty. I have never compromised on that. When she matched the same energy, I made up my mind to put a ring on it."


    The former student journalist admitted that the relationship was not without difficulties, revealing that they experienced several breakups before eventually reconciling.


    "We had serious challenges. We broke up at some point and came back together. Everyone sometimes needs time to reflect. I took my time, investigated, upheld the truth, and eventually chose her."


    He disclosed that, excluding the periods they were apart, they had been together for about five to six years before exchanging marital vows.


    Reflecting on their time at Osun State Polytechnic, Obisesan described one of his most cherished memories as helping his wife excel academically.


    "One of the most significant memories was motivating her to graduate with an Upper Credit in Computer Science. I was her GNS teacher throughout."


    Speaking on the significance of marrying someone he met on campus, he expressed gratitude and optimism about the future. "It feels great, and I am grateful for it. I'm praying for the best."


    Offering advice to current students, the former Editor-in-Chief encouraged them to approach relationships with sincerity, patience and wisdom.


    He described the campus environment as one of the best places to build lasting relationships because it provides enough time to observe, understand and grow together.


    "Campus is one of the best places to find genuine love because you have enough time to know each other. Although balancing academics and a serious relationship can be challenging, it is achievable."


    He advised students to remain loyal in relationships but also know when to walk away if they are no longer valued.


     "Offer your loyalty and be ready to leave if your worth isn't appreciated. You can genuinely love someone and still be strong enough to walk away if the relationship is no longer worth it."


    On balancing academics with relationships, Obisesan said commitment to one partner makes the journey easier.


     "You can balance both if you choose one partner. It only becomes a problem when you start chasing every skirt."


    He also attributed the success of his relationship to faith and effective communication, describing both as indispensable throughout their journey.


    Michael reaffirmed his affection for the Department of Mass Communication and the NAMACOS Editorial Board, pledging his continued support for the organisation.


    "I love NAMACOS, and I love NEB the most. I will do anything within my capacity for NEB. I also love OSPOLY at large."


    The marriage marks another inspiring campus success story, demonstrating how relationships built on friendship, loyalty and perseverance can blossom into lifelong unions beyond the walls of the institution.


    All rights reserved. You have no right to reproduce or publish any content from this website without written permission from NEB.

    No comments